Sunday, August 28, 2016

Typewriter weekend



Scott's podcast, Type O +VE



The contest copy, devised by Ian Brumfield. It's not every typing contest that includes the word Luftschiffbau.



My rather pathetic entry in the contest: 36.6 wpm after deductions for errors.



It was still enough for me to win this ashtray!



Ian amuses himself describing the explosion of a giant gasbag ...



... with his Speed King:



And this is me gaping at Ian's machine (photo via Amy Friskney on Facebook):




Here's Kim Brumfield's cursive Hermes 3000 with deluxe case (chrome trim and cloth interior):



More scenes from a happy afternoon:




In other news, I'm thrilled that this new film by Doug Nichol is finally coming out! I am included in it along with many other typewriter lovers, some famous. This is going to be a must-see for anyone interested in the death and life of the writing machine.

6 comments:

  1. A typing contest. Wow! I wonder how I would do. Ever since the introduction of the word processor, the "backspace" key ranks among my most struck keys. I sometimes don't even realize that I use it. (Probably 20 times just for this post: sometimes for errors, sometimes for revision.)

    I definitely want to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great event.

    We were deluged with water from the sky yesterday, Nearly 4 inches per hour. Glad it only lasted that fast for about 20 minutes! Too bad we cannot send the rain to the fires and drought.

    Did the Oliver work nicely? I'd love to try one that types nice.

    Hopefully I'll be able to see the movie or get a DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Oliver seemed to be working very well.

      I'm sure you will be able to see the movie, one way or another. We can keep an eye on the website for further information.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for coming to the Type-In! It was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great typewriter weekend! Neither rain nor sleet now snow... (:

    ReplyDelete